The CHART Worker will provide professional direct customer/client service for everyone who is referred to or seeking services from the County-wide system called CHART – Community Homeless Assessment and Referral Team. This includes doing initial screenings (when not done by the 2-1-1 Call Center), conducting standardized comprehensive assessments for all those who qualify for homeless-related services, making referrals as appropriate, and providing referral services for those who complete a CHART assessment.
- Associate’s degree in social work or related field; bachelor’s degree in social work or related field strongly preferred
- Preference given to applicants with a year or more of related experience
- A valid driver’s license and reliable, registered and inspected personal vehicle required.
- Ability to write and communicate professionally in English
- Bilingual in English and Spanish very important and strongly preferred
- Interpersonal skills to interact effectively with clients, staff of other agencies, and the general public
- Training and/or experience in mediation and problem solving helpful
- Well developed interviewing and assessment skills desired
- Experience using client management information systems in human services helpful
- Knowledge of and experience in the homeless services field desired
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of populations to be served
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should send, via e-mail: a letter of interest, resume and name and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Ann Linkey, Director, Supportive Housing Programs
308 E. King Street
Lancaster PA 17602