Tenfold’s Financial Empowerment Specialists assist clients in resolving their financial challenges and achieving their goals through in-person and/or telephone counseling sessions. S/he will be responsible for: Adhering to the Ann B. Barshinger Financial Empowerment Center’s counseling guidelines and protocols, providing information about and referrals to social service agencies or community programs that may be of assistance to clients, maintaining complete, accurate and up-to-date client files, including client intake information, budgets, action plans and any other documentation, recording required client information and counseling log notes in the appropriate databases, maintaining regular contact with clients as necessary per counseling guidelines and needs of the client, and assuring certifications and training requirements are maintained.
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or a related field is preferred, or a 2 year degree in counseling, finance, business or related field. 4+ years of relevant Job Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated personal financial management skills and experience.
- English fluency required, bi-lingual Spanish strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Computer-literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the client population served.
- A commitment to empowering others to resolve their own challenges and a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- Ability to establish a respectful relationship with clients to help them enhance skills and confidence.
- Capacity to maintain a helping role while setting appropriate limits.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff and service providers.
- Commitment to Tenfold’s Core Values:
- We Value Empowerment
- We value Innovation
- We Value Integrity
- We Value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- We Value Teamwork
This is a full-time position working 40 hours per week. Occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants can send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Randi Shober Director of Financial Empowerment
308 E. King Street
Lancaster PA 17602