Are you passionate about helping people find and maintain a stable place to live? As a Housing Location Specialist, you’ll work to empower people to gain new skills so they can obtain and maintain permanent housing through long-term self-sufficiency.
The successful applicant for Housing Location Specialist position will have the patience and compassion to work with individuals and families in housing crisis situations. Necessary skills include active listening, ability to help clients identify their personal strengths, creative thinking and problem solving. The Housing Location Specialist will also develop and maintain working relationships with Lancaster landlords and property managers for the purpose of locating and securing housing for their clients.
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week.
- Education: 2 years of post-secondary education required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience: One year of relevant experience required; two or more years preferred (Please refer to the Basic Functions and Specific Functions on the full job description)
- Belief in the “Housing First” philosophy
- Understanding of the interests and concerns of landlords/property managers required; experience working in rental housing field preferred.
- Knowledge of available affordable rental housing in the city and county, building codes and safety standards for rental housing
- Knowledge or understanding of tenant’s rights and responsibilities
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff and service providers
- A commitment to empowering others to solve their own problems.
- Fluency in English is required; fluency in Spanish is preferred
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until a candidate is appointed. Qualified applicants should send, via e-mail (preferred) or U.S. mail, a cover letter, resume, and the names with contact information for 3 references to:
Ann Linkey, Program Director, Supportive Housing Programs
308 East King Street
PO Box 1676
Lancaster PA 17608