The Mediation and Counseling Specialist will provide mediation services and counseling for clients of the Barshinger Financial Empowerment Center (BFEC) and Housing Rights and Resources Center. They will assist landlords and tenants with resolving disputes, including, but not limited to: payment of rent, Implied Warranty of Habitability, Lease Terms, and Covenant of Quiet Enjoyment, and assist clients to resolve their financial challenges to achieve their goals through in-person and/or telephone counseling sessions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in housing, finance, social work or a related field is preferred, or a 2 year degree in counseling, finance, business or related field. 2+ years of relevant Job Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated personal financial management skills and experience.
- English fluency required, bi-lingual Spanish strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Computer-literate, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Sensitivity to cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of the client population served.
- A commitment to empowering others to resolve their own challenges and a conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
- Ability to establish a respectful relationship with clients to help them enhance skills and confidence.
- Capacity to maintain a helping role while setting appropriate limits.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff and service providers.
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should send, via e-mail: a letter of interest, resume and name and contact information for 3 professional references to:
Alaina Herbst, York Rental Stability Network Program Manager
116 N George Street
York, PA 17401