The Outreach Worker walks the streets and parks of Lancaster City and travels to locations throughout the county to locate, meet, and build rapport with individuals and families who are living on the streets, in vehicles, or in other places not meant for human habitation. The goal is engaging with people, especially those experiencing chronic homelessness and/or those who resist seeking services, in ways that help them connect with services when possible or assists them to secure permanent housing directly when feasible. The Outreach Worker is based at Tenfold’s 308 E. King Street, Lancaster, location and reports to the CHART Manager.
- A degree in social work or a related field
- Fluency speaking and writing English required; bilingual in English and Spanish strongly preferred
- The ability and commitment to be outside consistently engaging with people who are unsheltered day after day regardless of the season or inclement weather
- Ability to engage effectively with people who may be experiencing untreated mental illness and/or substance use disorders
- Valid driver’s license and reliable, insured personal vehicle required