As your trusted community partner, we offer a variety of educational opportunities for first-time homebuyers, landlords, tenants, and more. We encourage you to browse and register for upcoming events, courses, and workshops.
- This event has passed.
Homebuyer Class-York-Zoom Online Class (CLOSED)
July 18, 2020 8:30 am - 3:30 pm$25.00
Our class helps to prepare participants for the home buying process and the responsibilities of homeownership. Approximately 11,000 prospective home buyers have completed the course.
The Course certificate issued for those completing the course and meeting the course standards can be used in conjunction with a variety of local mortgage loan programs and FHA, PHFA, VA, USDA program offerings.
For PHFA “Take Charge of Your Money” visit https://www.phfa.org/prfc/
Our Home Buyer Course Will Help You:
- Determine if you are ready to buy
- Evaluate your personal credit history
- Know what to expect at closing
- Develop a budget and savings plan
- Plan for life as a home owner
- Decide how much you can afford to pay
- Preparation for financial decisions and obligations that come with buying and owning a home
- Know what to expect from real estate agents, lenders and other professionals involved in the home buying process
- Meet lenders’ training requirements to qualify for special mortgage products
There is a non-refundable $25.00 tuition fee for the course. Veterans fee will be waived. If registering online use coupon code VET and provide your DD214